Effective Fall 2011 the TEAS test will be a part of the admission criteria.
To support you in the admissions process, Ms. Vikki Robertson, SUU Department of Nursing Admissions is available to answer any questions you may have concerning the Nursing Program. She can be reached at (435)586-1906 or e-mail at email@example.com. If you have questions regarding transfer credits or advisement, please contact one of the College of Science & Engineering Academic Advisors; contact information is available at http://suu.edu/cose/advisement.html or call (435)586-5420.
SUU School of Nursing admission is competitive and based on review of all application materials. To be eligible for Nursing Admission students must have:
- Acceptance to SUU with all transcripts transferred to SUU (a $50.00 non-refundable application fee & official transcripts are required).
- Completion of the required nursing admission exam (TEAS “V” by ATI, www.atitesting.com).
- Undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale on all “Required Support Courses” with no course grade less than a C (C- is not acceptable).
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher (cumulative).**
- Completion of the Degree Requirements including General Education Core and Required Support Courses or a maximum of 18 pre-requisite credits left to complete (acceptance will be contingent on the successful completion of any remaining course requirements by Friday, December 20, 2012
** As admission is competitive, the GPA for admissions is usually significantly higher than the minimum 3.0 required.
Once the above criteria have been met, you may submit the following information to the Department of Nursing’s Administrative Assistant, Admissions:
- A complete set of all transcripts for all colleges/universities attended, including SUU (unofficial/photocopy accepted).
- Completed admission application packet for the pre-licensure BSN option
- Signed copy of "Nursing Department Advisement Sheet" (signed by both student and SUU, COSE Academic Advisor).
- $20.00 non-refundable nursing application fee; checks made payable to “SUU Nursing (NURS2)”. Paid to SUU Cashiers Office, include copy of your receipt in application packet. (Use Application Deposit Slip found below).
Pre-Licensure applications need to be submitted to the Department of Nursing ON or BEFORE February 8, 2013, to be considered for the Fall 2013 semester (Applications received after this deadline will NOT be considered for admission to the program). Applicants are notified of the committees’ decision by mail by late March.
RN to BSN applications need to be submitted to the Department of Nursing ON or BEFORE December 7, 2012, to be considered for a May 2013 position. (Applications received after this deadline will NOT be considered for admission to the program). Applicants are notified of the committees’ decision by mail in March.
Please note: it is required that you meet with a SUU Academic Advisor prior to submitting your application.