2nd SUU Geology Symposium
Sequence Stratigraphy - Investigations and Applications
September 15-17, 2011
Call for Abstracts Deadline: 8/12/2011
Southern Utah University is excited to announce our Second SUU Geology Symposium.The theme of this symposium is sequence stratigraphy, and it will feature one day of talks followed by a two-day field trip to the Book Cliffs. We invite abstracts focusing on current research and/or applications of any aspect of siliciclastic or carbonate sequence stratigraphy.
- Oral session for 30-minute presentations with 20-minute discussion periods.
- Open forums for scientific discussion.
- Poster session for graduate student research.
- Field trip to the Book Cliffs of Utah.
- Participants are invited to propose and lead specific field stops and topics of discussion.
Our mission is to provide an annual venue that fosters the following qualities:
- Student exposure to and participation in current scientific thought, dialogue, and activity;
- Collaboration between leading scientists conducting research in the southwestern U.S.; and
- Dissemination and discussion of new results and interpretations concerning this geologic setting.
Ernie Anderson leading a field trip stop near the Beaver Dam Mountains during the 1st symposium.
Jim Sears leading a field trip stop in the Virgin Mountains during the 1st symposium.