TECS Summer Camp.
Tuesday May 27th - Friday May 30th, 2014
351 West University Blvd.
Cedar City, UT 84720
Students, ages 14-18, in the southwestern region of the United States who are interested in engineering, technology, or computer science are invited to come to Southern Utah University for an Engineering and Technology Summer Camp. Students will experience “college life” by staying in the dormitories, eating in the cafeteria and learning through hands-on experiences in the field of their choice. It will be a great opportunity to get advanced experience in the field and make new friends. Register today to attend this camp!
The actual cost per student for participation in this camp is over $700, but because of generous support from other sources we are able to make it available to you for $175.00, which includes meals and housing.
Registration closes Friday, May 16 at 11:59 pm
- Read the course descriptions below and determine which one “track” suites your interests best.
- Click on the “Registration” link below and complete the form, the last question will ask you which “track” you want to attend. A non-refundable deposit of $50 is due by April 30, 2014. Full registration fee of $175.00 must be received before May 15, 2014.
Registration | Schedule | Campus Maps | Housing | Dining
Computer Science Department Chair, Associate Professor
Phone: (435) 865-8560
Fax: (435) 865-8444
Office: ELC 305
Engineering Technology Department Chair, Associate Professor
Phone: (435) 586-7984
Fax: (435) 865-8077
Office: TH 129A
Electronics Engineering Technology/Mathematics Lecturer
Phone: (435) 865-8253
Office: TH 132
CAD/CAM Engineering Technology Adjunct Faculty
Phone: (435) 586-7977
Departments of Integrated Engineering, Engineering Technology and Construction Management, and Computer Science and Information Systems
Computer Science Track
- Create apps for Windows 8.1 and Windows phone with Visual Studio
- Learn from Microsoft Professional trainers (the guest presenters this year).
NOTE: As part of this track, students will be able to upload their completed app to the Windows app store. Be advised that, as applicable, SUU will adhere to Policy & Procedures 5.52 Intellectual Property
Electronics Engineering Technology Track
- Design Printed Circuit Boards (PCB) using ORCAD Capture and PCB Editor software.
Integrated Engineering Track
- Learn the principles, methodologies, and practice of engineering design
- Apply that knowledge in the design and construction of catapults
CAD/CAM Engineering Technology Track
- Learn to use 3D CAD Software packages-- including Inventor, SolidWorks, and CATIA V5.
- Discover Architectural Design with Revit and Sketchup.
- Experience the design, evaluation and animation of 3D Mechanical and Architectural design CAD Models
- Use a 3D printer.
- No previous experience necessary.