Substance Facilitated Sexual Assault
Definition - occurs when a chemical agent is used by a person to assist or procure sexual contact.
Types of Date Rape Drugs
- Is the #1 most widely used date rape drug
- It acts as a Center Nervous System Depressant (CNS)
- Decreases inhibitions
- May result in impaired perceptions
- Has a rapid onset of 15 to 20 minutes
- A sedative, similar to alcohol in effect.
- Salty taste can sometimes be detected in drinks.
- A type of benzodiazepine, used to treat anxiety, insomnia, and panic attacks.
If you are in danger, please use a safer computer, or call 911, your local hotline, the Canyon Creek Women’s Crisis Center 24 hour Hotline at 1-435-865-7443, or the U.S. National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-3224. There is always a computer trail, but you can leave this site quickly if you click ESCAPE on the navigation bar or press CTRL W on your keyboard.