Master of Education Degree/ Utah Administrative Licensure Program (42 credits)
Utah Administrative Licensure Program (33 credits)
|To begin courses in the:||Complete all admission requirements by:||Once admitted, the applicant may register for classes approximately:|
|Summer||April 15 of the same year||During the second week of March of the same year|
|Fall||July 15 of the same year||During the fourth week of March of the same year|
|Spring||November 15 of the previous year||During the fourth week of October of the same year|
Early registration is important to make sure the courses fill and are not cancelled due to low enrollment. Classes with less than twelve students will be cancelled two weeks prior to the beginning of the term.
Each applicant’s documents and requirements are submitted to the Educational Leadership Admissions Committee for acceptance into each program. Notification of the Committee’s decision will be within two weeks after submission of all documents, pretests are passed, and all other admission requirements are met. Documents submitted are retained by the university.
All applicants must participate in a mandatory orientation/admission screening. There is only one orientation available to attend! (Orientation schedule, instructions, and forms).
Admission Requirements for Administrative Licensure
- All applicants must participate in a mandatory orientation/admission screening. Check with Shelley Dahlin to confirm the appropriate information. email@example.com.
Applicants are responsible for submitting the following:
- Graduate application and non-refundable graduate application fee. All required information must be completed. You must submit an online application at http://www.suu.edu/prostu/apply.html.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from current school administrators. One of the recommendations must be from your present administrator/principal. When completing an online application, applicants will need to provide an email address for each reference. A recommendation form will be generated and emailed to each reference or they may write a letter and upload it through the admissions page. The letter must be current, on letterhead, signed and dated. It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that each of the references has submitted the reference back to SUU.
- Provide two (2) Official Transcripts from ALL institutions of higher education. Official transcripts must bear the institution's seal, Registrar's signature, and may be:
- Mailed directly from the institution in their sealed envelope
- Mailed from the applicant in an envelope with the sealed envelope from the institution inside (the institution envelope may not have been opened or tampered with)
- Hand delivered in the institutions sealed envelope without having been opened or tampered with
- Submitted as electronic transcripts from Utah institutions through the Clearinghouse (Notice: We are currently accepting Clearinghouse transcripts for Utah State Institutions of Higher Education ONLY.)
- Faxed transcripts are NOT official
- Copies of official transcripts are NOT official
- For the 33 hour Administrative Supervisory License, proof of bachelors and masters degrees from an accredited institution must be submitted. If you received your degree from SUU, you do NOT have to obtain your transcripts.
- For the 42 hour Master of Education Degree with Administrative Supervisory License, proof of baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution. As above, if you received your degree from SUU, you do NOT have to obtain a copy of your transcripts.
- Show evidence of a GPA of 3.25 or higher, calculated on the last 60 semester/90 quarter hours of approved undergraduate/graduate coursework.
- A copy of your current Level II teaching license. Or you may submit the “credentials” page from CACTUS verifying your teaching license. If you have a teaching license from a state other than Utah and are interested in this program, please contact Debi Smith for additional information.
- Three (3) years of successful teaching experience. You may submit the “assignments” page from CACTUS or a letter from the appropriate district(s) for verification. The letter must be an original, current and on letterhead, signed and dated.
All documents are to be received in the Graduate Studies Office by the deadline date for each semester. Do not mail your documents to the Admissions Office. Mail documents to:
- Graduate Studies in Education
- Shelley Dahlin
- 351 W. University Blvd. ED319
- Cedar City, UT 84720
Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org (435)586-7968, Fax: (435) 865-8485
The Utah State Rule for administrative licensure, S R 277-505, requires a Level II Utah teaching license or equivalent in order to receive the Utah Administrative License. Applicants are accountable for verifying with USOE that the current teaching license is equivalent and acceptable.
Programs, requirements, policies and procedures are subject to change.
- Teacher Education
- Family Life & Human Development
- Graduate Studies
- Physical Education & Human Performance