Required courses for the Elementary Mathematics Endorsement – 18 credit hours:
- EDUC 5580 Mathematical Pedagogy Focused on the K-6 Learner – 2 credit hours
- EDUC 5900 Analysis of Teaching and Learning – 2 credit hours
- EDUC 5560 Utah State Mathematics Core Curriculum – 2 credit hours
- EDUC 5570 K-6 Mathematics Content and Selected Topics in Algebra and Geometry – 4 credit hours
- EDUC 5990 New Perspectives on the K-6 Learner – 2 credit hours
- EDUC 5690 Technology for Enriching K-6 Mathematics Instruction – 2 credit hours
- EDUC 5920 Foundations of Arithmetic/Algebra/Geometry – 4 credit hours (Approved electives may be substituted for this course)
Math endorsement courses are only offered through SUU School of Continuing & Professional Studies.
* Students completing this endorsement must also provide evidence of passing the State Approved Mathematics Praxis test.
- Teacher Education
- Family Life & Human Development
- Graduate Studies
- Physical Education & Human Performance