Summer Special Education Hybrid Licensure Program (SSEHLP)
Who can enter the program?
- Students who have a current teaching license and need a special education K-12 mild/moderate license (non-degree seeking).
- Program is practitioner oriented, affordable, and offered during the summer months.
- Complete the online graduate school application process (including payment of the appropriate fee)
- Provide copies of official transcripts, current teaching license, and one letter of recommendation (LEA).
Please mail all documentation directly to:
- Sandy Ward
- SUU, Graduate Studies in Education
- 351 W. University Blvd., OM 316
- Cedar City, UT 84720
Outline of Summer Hybrid Classes (Series A and B can be taken out of order.)
Series A (3 hours each)
Offered in odd years.
Series B (3 hours each)
Offered in even years.
Student Teaching (Fall or Spring)
|SPED 6100 Programming & Management||SPED 6120 Applied Behavioral Analysis||
Pass SPED Praxis II Test (0354) Before Student Teaching
SPED 6980 Full Placement (no current teaching license)
SPED 6981 Modified Placement (current teaching licence)
|SPED 6145 Collaboration & Transitioning||SPED 6130 Curriculum Strategies|
|SPED 6110 Special Education Law||SPED 6170 Current Issues in Special Education|
|SPED 6160 Report Writing|
* Students who do not have a current teaching license may be required to take more content courses depending on their background and complete requirements to become highly qualified.
* Students must attend face-to-face classes at the beginning and end of the summer 10 week session.
Frequently Asked Questions:
-How do I apply for financial aid? http://suu.edu/graduatestudies
-What if I want to seek a Masters of Education at SUU, can I use these courses?
Yes, you can use 12 hours of these courses for your master degree elective requirements. Please review the requirements for a Master of Education http://suu.edu/ed/graduate/admissions-masters.html. Contact Sandy Ward if you want to apply 435-865-8759 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any Questions Contact:
- Teacher Education
- Family Life & Human Development
- Graduate Studies
- Physical Education & Human Performance