International Student Graduate Admission Requirements
International graduate student applicants are required to:
- Application for admission Include a $65 application fee (U.S. currency only). Application deadlines vary from program to program.
- International graduate applicants must satisfy all graduate program requirements for admission that apply to U.S. citizens.
- English Proficiency Proficiency Proof of English proficiency is required for all applicants whose first language is not English. Students may show proficiency in English by providing scores for any one of the following:
Applicants with an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college or university in the U.S. may not be required to take the tests listed above.
- TOEFL – – A minimum score of 550 on the paper based test, 213 on the computer based test or 79 on the internet based test is required to be admitted to SUU. The official TOEFL score must be sent directly to the International Admissions Office by the educational testing service and must not be over two years old at the time of application. SUU's TOEFL Code is 4092. Registration information regarding the TOEFL.
- IELTS International English Language Testing System –– Students are required to have a minimum score of 6.0 or higher to be admitted to SUU. Students who wish to take the IELTS should visit the IELTS website for information about the administration of this test and how to report the results to Southern Utah University. IELTS is jointly managed by the University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations, British Council, and IDP: IELTS Australia.
- Successful completion of approved English language programs
- Transcripts Official transcripts (record of courses taken and grades received) from each high school, college, and university attended must be submitted. Official transcripts must be sent to the SUU International Admissions Office, 351 W. University Blvd., Cedar City, UT 84720. Transcripts submitted become the property of Southern Utah University and cannot be returned to the applicant.
This will enable SUU to determine if SUU credit can be substituted by your transfer credits.
- HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATES
If you are a high school graduate, transcripts must be submitted on an official school document which lists the name and address of the school, the dates enrolled, grading systems, description of each subject or examination, and mark or grade earned in each subject or examination. Unless the school attended routinely issues transcripts in English, official records must be submitted in the original language with official English
translations. Translations must be literal and complete and must be translated by an official translation service. Student’s secondary school grades must convert to a minimum U.S. GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- TRANSFER STUDENTS
- If you are a transfer student with foreign transcripts, you must submit an official evaluated transcript of all post-high school coursework from an authorized evaluation service. Transfer students must have a 2.0 GPA or higher on a 4.0 US scale.
- If you have completed less than 24 college credits, we also require the high school transcript in English.
- For a complete articulation of your credits, please submit a course syllabus for each course listed on your transcript. A course syllabus includes information about the content of the course. This will enable SUU to determine if SUU credit can be substituted by your transfer credits.
- If applying as a transfer student with a U.S. college or university transcript, you must apply for admission to SUU and turn in all supporting documents. You will receive a letter of acceptance and a Transfer Clearance Form from SUU so the school you are attending can send your immigration record to us.
- GRADUATE STUDENTS
- If you are a graduate student applicant with foreign transcripts, you must submit an official evaluated transcript of all post-high school coursework from an authorized evaluation service for each of our graduate programs with the exception of the Master of Fine Arts in Arts Administration and Master of Arts in Arts Administration programs. Graduate students must meet the admission requirements of the individual graduate program.
- For a complete articulation of your credits, please submit a course syllabus for each course listed on your transcript. A course syllabus includes information about the content of the course.
- For a student who has international transfer credit, the student must provide a syllabus for all business related courses they have taken before their application for the MBA or MAcc can be considered complete. Please submit syllabi to Jamie Orton, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Passport Please provide a copy of the first page of your passport (with photo).
- Insurance All foreign students must provide verification of adequate health and medical insurance.
- Medical Upon arrival at SUU each student MUST submit immunization records. They must also have a TB test within (5) days of arrival. Transportation to the hospital for this test will be provided by the university. TB tests taken outside of the US can not be accepted.
- Finances Funds available at SUU for two academic semesters, calculated annually verified by a bank statement or other official documentation.