2013 Creative Writing/Teaching Conference
Creative Writing and the Utah Core Standards
September 26-28, 2013
Hunter Conference Center
Dr. Christelle Estrada
- 11:30 a.m. - Convocations with Jane Hirshfield - Great Hall
- 7:00 p.m. - Non-fiction reading by Robin Hemley - Great Hall
Creative Writing Workshops: The Craft of Writing Prose and Poetry
- Writing poetry - Jane Hirshfield
- Writing non-fiction - Robin Hemley
- Teaching Shakespeare - Michael Bahr, Utah Shakespeare Festival Education
- Master workshops for SUU creative writing students
- Evening performance of Utah Shakespeare Festival: Peter and the Starcatcher
Pedagogy Workshops: Creative Writing and the Utah Core Standards
- Poetry and Paintings: Integrating Art into Literary Texts - Suzanne Merrell, Bear River High School
- Using Literary Nonfiction for the Creative Process - Dr. Christelle Estrada
Obtain Credit for attending the Creative Writing Conference!
Register for credit at the registration desk of the Hunter Conference Center on Friday, September 27. Attendance of both Friday and Saturday is required for credit.
Fees for Educators:
- $100 - Friday and Saturday
- $65 - Friday only
- $60 - Saturday only
- $15 - For one credit hour register and pay on site on September 27. This does not include registration for the conference.
Fees include lunches and ticket to Peter and the Star Catcher. A vegetarian option is available for lunches if requested.
- September 16 - Registrations must be received by SUU
- September 18 - Last day for refunds (You may send someone in your place if you are unable to attend.)
Conference lodging information.