Master of Public Administration
Admission to the MPA Program
Applications for admissions must be received by the following deadlines:
- July 15 - Fall Semester
- November 15 - Spring Semester
- April 15 - Summer Semester
The following documents are required when seeking admission to the MPA Program. The application and all components should be submitted to the SUU Admissions Office at email@example.com:
- SUU Graduate Admissions application
- Payment of the non-refundable application fee
- A Letter of Intent written by the applicant, including the specified attachment
- A complete resume.
- Receipt of three (3) letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts from all previously attended institutions.
- Receipt of official score report from the GRE/GMAT/LSAT/MAT testing organization. The test scorew will be evaluated in conjunction with GPA and other factors to determine whether or not the aplicant is ready for graduate study.
Minimum Admission Requirements
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Achieved and awarded a Bachelors Degree from an accredited university or college
- Achieved an overall undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Completed the GRE/GMAT/LSAT/MAT (Graduate level entrance/placement exam).
- International applicants from non-English-speaking countries must demonstrate competency in the English language. A minimum score of (550: Paper based test, 213: Computer based test, or 79: Internet based test) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) taken within the past two years satisfies this requirement. International students are required to complete POLS 1100 American National Government. In some cases, the student may take POLS 1100 American National Government concurrently their first semester.
After all of the above are received, the materials will be reviewed by the MPA admissions committee. Applicants meeting the minimum requirements may be interviewed by the Program Director. The admissions committee views each application in its entirety to ensure all applicants receive an appropriate opportunity for consideration.
All admitted graduate students are expected to understand and follow APA writing standards prior to their first day of class.
National Standards and Academic Endeavor
SUU's Master of Public Administration program is accredited by the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affiars, and Administration (NASPAA), which is the global standard for public service education. Additionally, SUU is accredited by teh Northwest Commision on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU).