Supported Desktop & Laptop Computer Hardware (Computer Labs and Faculty/Staff Offices)
Due to the hundreds of computers at SUU, IT maintains a list of supported hardware. This is done to ensure consistency and a quality level of support. IT has negotiated special pricing and support arrangements with our PC vendor (presently Dell). Anything purchased outside the scope of this list below will not be supported by IT. Not supported means IT will not troubleshoot or repair the equipment, will not provide network connectivity, will not provide software, etc.
Current supported desktop list and operating systems (2015-2016 school year):
- Dell OptiPlex 7020 (Windows 8)
- Dell OptiPlex 7010 (Windows 7 / 8)
- Dell OptiPlex 790 (Windows 7 / 8)
- Dell OptiPlex 780 (Windows 7)*
- Dell OptiPlex 9020 (Windows 8)
- Dell OptiPlex 9010 (Windows 7 / 8)
- Dell OptiPlex 990 (Windows 7 / 8)
- Dell OptiPlex 980 (Windows 7)*
Current supported notebook list and operating systems (2015-2016 school year):
- Dell Latitude E7450/E7550/E5450/E5550 (Windows 8)
- Dell Latitude E7440/E7540/E5440/E5540 (Windows 7 / 8)
- Dell Latitude E6430/E6530 (Windows 7)
- Dell Latitude E6420/E6520 (Windows 7)*
All Intel-based iMacs, MacBooks, and MacBook Pros that are capable of running OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) or newer will be supported.
Departments ordering new computers should consult with their IT contact prior to placing an order. IT can assist in obtaining quotes for equipment that meets campus standards, including the criteria established above. IT can also assist departments in establishing a replacement cycle and with the cascading of existing equipment.
Supported Printer Hardware (Computer Labs and Faculty/Staff Offices)
Due to the ever changing variety of printers available on the market, the IT department does not maintain a list of supported printers. However, many printers are not compatible with the SUU network environment, even if they have a network card built-in. Departments should coordinate printer purchases with their IT support person to ensure compatibility and supportability.