Make sure you have all of the latest updates and drivers installed on your computer.
In each of the following steps, make sure the settings on your screen match the settings shown in the pictures.
In Windows Vista, connecting to the SUU network is very easy.
- Click on the wireless icon in the lower right corner of your screen. Select connect to a network.
- Select the SUU wireless network and then click Connect.
- Click Enter/select additional log on information.
- You will then be prompted for your SUU username and password. Leave the Logon Domain field empty.
- Click Enter/select additional log on information once more.
- Click OK to validate the server certificate.
- You should now be connected to the SUU wireless network. You might be prompted to select a location. Choose Public network then click Close.
TroubleshootingIf you are unable to connect you can manually verify the settings.
- Right click the wireless icon in the lower right corner of your screen, and select Network and Sharing center.
- Click Manage wireless networks.
- Select the SUU profile then right click and select properties.
- Verify the settings then click the security tab.
- Select security type WPA2-Enterprise and encryption type AES. WPA-Enterprise and TKIP will also work. The authentication method should be Microsoft Protection EAP(PEAP).
- Click the settings button.
- Verify the settings. Ensure that the authentication method is (EAP-MSCHAP v2) and click configure.
- Make sure that the "Use my Windows logon name" is unchecked.
- Click on three(3) times to apply the settings.
- You should now get a login prompt asking for your username and password. If not then go back to Step 1 to start the login process.
You can get additional help by contacting your IT support person.