ESL Program Admission Requirements
For admission, please fill out the application either online or us our PDF application. Submit required supporting documents to email@example.com. Once you are admitted, you will be sent a letter of admission and an I-20. You will then schedule a visa interview to obtain your visa to study at SUU.The following information will be required of all foreign students who are applying for admission to Southern Utah University:
- Application for Admission Include a $55 application fee, $35 for returning students. Admission is ongoing. See ESL Program dates here (http://suu.edu/scps/esl/Calendar.html).
- Student must apply 4 to 6 weeks before the session start date in order to allow time for application and visa processing.
- Transcripts High school transcripts must be submitted on an official school document which lists the name and address of the school, the dates enrolled, grading systems, description of each subject or examination, and mark or grade earned in each subject or examination. Unless the school attended routinely issues transcripts in English, official records must be submitted in the original language with official English translations. Translations must be literal and complete and must be translated by an official translation service. Student's secondary school grades must convert to a minimum U.S. GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.
Transcripts submitted become the property of Southern Utah University and cannot be returned to the applicant. Official transcripts must be sent to:
- SUU International Admissions Office, 351 W. University Blvd., Cedar City, UT 84720
- Passport Please provide a copy of the photo page of your passport.
- Insurance All foreign students must provide verification of adequate health and medical insurance upon arrival.
- Medical Upon arrival at SUU each student MUST submit immunization records. They must also have a TB test within (5) days of arrival. Transportation to the hospital for this test will be provided by the university. TB tests taken outside of the US can not be accepted.
- Finances Funds available at SUU for two academic semesters, calculated annually verified by a bank statement or other official documentation. For current tuition and fees visit www.suu.edu/prostu/intl/intl-cost.html.
For more information about the application requirements, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.