Goals & Objectives
Goals and Objectives for 2009-10
- Implement fundraising plans for the college within the overall goals of the SUU Future is Rising Capital Campaign for scholarships, technology and faculty development.
- Work with CPVA Development Director to coordinate and implement fundraising initiatives for the departments and the new Southern Utah Museum for Art and the Center for the Arts and Arts Education.
- Develop concept designs and detailed building program for Southern Utah Museum of Art (SUMA)
- Develop a long-range plan for the Music Building and South Hall relative to the needs of the Music Department.
- Seek grants and partnerships for the Braithwaite Fine Arts Gallery
- Assist faculty with seeking support for faculty development travel grants and outside grant support
- Secure four full-time faculty positions: Photography, Graphic Design, Vocal Performance, and Music Theatre
Curriculum & Programs
- Continue growth in student enrollment and increase the number of majors by 6%
- Develop a partnership with Hunan Normal University in Changsha, China.
- Submit Art & Design R401 proposal for BS degree in Art
- Develop Music technology course work as well as pod and webcasts of concerts
- Sponsor one program and develop online course content for the Utah Center for Arts Administration
- Assess the feasibility of establishing a BFA in Dance by Fall 2012
- Resubmit proposal to create a Summer artsACADEMY for youth 11 to 17 years of age which encompasses art, dance, music, film, and theatre by June 2010
Marketing & Public Relations
- Implement online ticketing system and assess the effectiveness of the ticketing contract new arrangements with Centrum Ticket Office.
Continuing Initiatives and Activities
- Enhance recruitment and retention programs in each department
- Expand Marketing/PR activities and audience development for all CPVA Departments, Programs and Affiliates
- Continue to monitor enrollment management plans in each department to maximize existing resources
- Ensure CPVA faculty are applying for Faculty Development Grants for each review cycle
- Follow up on the accreditation process of all SUU arts departments: Implement facility changes to comply with NASM review and continue developing self-study in Theatre for future NAST accreditation
- Enhance the Braithwaite Fine Arts Gallery education and community engagement programs by seeking more grant support
- Work with USF to develop strategic alignments with CPVA and the Festival in education and with the BFA in Theatre
- Work with other international universities to establish partnerships and exchanges in theatre, music, and art.