The Monster Concert Goes Christmas on Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at 7:00 PM in Cedar City's Heritage Center.
Pianists of all ages and levels are welcome to participate. We will have multiple pianos, including several grand pianos, on the stage. Two or three pianists at each piano will be performing piano ensemble music in groups that are divided according to their age and ability. You can take a look at the sheet music for each group: www.bohnenstengel.us/monsterconcert2013.html. Teachers are welcome to participate in any group, including SUU's new Piano Ensemble which will perform works of greater difficulty.
- Pianists of all levels and ages are invited to participate (including adults/teachers).
- There will be one dress rehearsal on Tuesday, December 3, 2013. The Monster Concert will be at 7:00 PM on Wednesday, December 4, 2013 in the Heritage Center Theater.
- Additional rehearsals will be on November 18, 19, 25 and 26 (once each week per group). Attendance at these rehearsals is encouraged but not required.
- There is a registration fee of $5.00 per participant. Participants should also plan on spending between $5.00 and $15.00 to purchase music (available through Cedar City Music and The Music Store in St. George or online).
- The registration deadline is October 26, 2013. Late registrations will be accepted if space is available in any of the groups.
- Tickets for the concert will be on sale at the door. Each participant will receive two complimentary tickets. Tickets are $6 for adults, $4 for SUU faculty and staff, and $3 for youth. Anyone participating in the final concert is not required to purchase a ticket.
- Each participant needs to sign in at the welcome desk in the lobby of the Heritage Center at least fifteen minutes prior to their scheduled rehearsal time and twenty minutes prior to the concert. Participants are expected to wear Sunday clothes for the performance as this is a formal concert.
- Teachers are welcome to participate in any group, including SUU's new Piano Ensemble which will perform works of greater difficulty. Teachers are also welcome to direct a group.
Christian Bohnenstengel – Department of Music
Southern Utah University - 351 W University Blvd. - Cedar City, UT 84720