- Apply through the admissions office at Southern Utah University.
- Complete and submit the International Student Admission Application.
- Complete the undergraduate international student financial statement form.
- Contact Trudy Smith at email@example.com or 435-586-7744 for questions regarding admissions. Trudy is the International & undergraduate admissions coordinator.
- Courses are taught in 4-week sessions: 4 sessions in Fall 8/22-12/9; 4 sessions in Spring 1/9-5/4 (Spring Break is 3/5-16); and 4 sessions in Summer (5/7-7/27).
- Students can enter at the beginning of any session.
- Lab classes and the following courses make up the ESL program.
||Grammar Level One
||Grammar Level Two
||Grammar Level Three
||Grammar Level Four
||Grammar Level Five
||Reading/Writing Level One
||Reading/Writing Level Two
||Reading/Writing Level Three
||Reading/Writing Level Four
||Reading/Writing Level Five
||Listening/Speaking Level One
||Listening/Speaking Level Two
||Listening/Speaking Level Three
||Listening/Speaking Level Four
||Listening/Speaking Level Five
||Academic Preparation Level Five
- Students who complete two * courses with B or A grades for 2 sessions (8 weeks) qualify for Half-Half study (2 regular SUU courses + 2 Core ESL Courses).
- Students who pass all classes in the Half-Half program for a full semester qualify to become full-time SUU students.
- Students who pass the IELTS (6.0) or TOEFL (525 on the paper test, 197 on the computer based test or 71 on the internet based test) can also be admitted as full-time students.
Faculty and Staff
Academic Coordinator: Bob Goodman
Administrative Assistant: Cindy Hailstone
|Tuition and Fees
|Books and Supplies
|Room and Board
|Total Annual Cost
ESL Program Home