Once you have been accepted to SUU, be sure to refer to the important tasks listed below, which you will need to complete before attending Orientation and beginning your first semester:
- Pay your non-refundable enrollment deposit.
In order to confirm your enrollment, you must pay a $100 dollar enrollment deposit. You will be able to sign up for Orientation only AFTER your enrollment deposit has been paid. It may take up to 24 hours for your enrollment deposit to process before you will be able to sign up for Orientation.
- Reserve a spot at Orientation.
In an effort to fit individual schedules, several Orientation sessions are available throughout the summer (for fall admitted students) and winter (for spring admitted students). Make sure to sign up quickly to get your first choice of an Orientation program date.
- Complete the online Pre-Advising Tutorial.
The link to the online pre-advising tutorial is provided in the confirmation letter you receive after signing up for Orientation. Class registration opens for new students late in the semester before the semester you plan on enrolling, but you will not be able to register until you complete this tutorial. It is best to finish this as soon as you register for Orientation.
- Register for classes.
You can access the class registration system through your mySUUPortal only after you complete the pre-advising tutorial. If you need extra help, use the class registration tutorial. You can also schedule an appointment with your advisor anytime if you need further assistance. This appointment can be in-person or over the phone.
- Pay your Tuition and Fees by the deadline.
Please visit the Cashier's Office website for more information. When an account is not paid in full by the deadline, the student will be "dropped for non-payment." This means all classes will be dropped. Students whose schedule is canceled will be allowed to re-register on a space available basis only. Reinstatement into one's original schedule may not be possible.
- Complete the online Sexual Violence Education and Prevention assignment before classes begin. As part of new student and transfer orientation for in-coming students, you should expect to receive an email notice of your first required assignment later this summer. The subject:Sexual Violence Education and Prevention, is Federally mandated by the Campus SaVE Act (Campus Sexual Violence Elimination Act) and must be completed before classes begin in the fall. The assignment is designed to get you thinking about campus safety and to promote a culture that helps eliminate sexual assault.
As a new student, SUU expects you to:
- Take personal responsibility for your academic and social choices and be proactive.
- Pay attention to all University requirements and fee deadlines.
- Seek assistance if you are unsure about anything or have a concern.
- Get involved! The more you do on campus, the better your SUU experience will be!