During the Fair:
- Present your one-minute commercial and resume to companies that interest you.
- Make eye contact when introducing yourself and give a firm handshake.
- Show interest and enthusiasm in the company – not in their free giveaways!
- Demonstrate your knowledge of the company.
- Show confidence through your voice and your posture.
- Listen carefully to what the representative has to say.
- Ask for a business card or write down the representative’s name and contact info.
- Bring a portfolio with a writing tablet so you can take notes about the companies.
Questions You Can Ask:
- What goals does your company have for the future?
- What kinds of entry level positions exist within your organization?
- What does your organization consider the three most important qualities in an employee?
- What are the opportunities for advancement within your company?
- What made you choose to work for this company?
- How long have you been with the company?
After the Fair:
Hand write or email a thank you note about your experience meeting them at the Career Fair and your interest in learning more about the company and possible positions.