Community Engagement Center
The Community Engagement Center promotes lifelong learning and service through campus and community opportunities that uphold our core values of academic excellence, personal and social responsibility, and transformative learning.
The Community Engagement Center will strengthen Southern Utah University’s role as the state’s designated public liberal arts and sciences university with a strong commitment to personalized and rigorous experiential education. The Center will promote meaningful service and socially responsible engagement with local, regional, national, and global communities.
In meeting the needs of students, faculty, staff, and community, the goals of the Community Engagement Center are to:
- Sustain SUU’s designation as a Carnegie Community Engaged Institution.
- Facilitate mutually-beneficial partnerships with community organizations locally and globally.
- Serve as a resource center and clearinghouse for service, service-learning, and community engagement opportunities.
- Provide training and assistance, along with learning and leadership opportunities, to faculty, staff, students, and community members.
- Support the broader and deeper integration of service, service-learning, and experiential learning into a variety of curricular and co-curricular programs.
- Maximize resources to accommodate institutional initiatives and SUU’s Experiential Education Program.
- Collaborate purposefully with SUU’s Engagement Centers and with all campus and community stakeholders.