Service Leader Positions
The following Service Leader positions are open for the 2015-16 school year. Applications will be accepted online through Tuesday, August 11.
All Service Leaders are required to:
- Participate in a Service Leader retreat, August 19-21
- Spend two hours per week in the Center providing office coverage, working on projects, familiarizing self with local opportunities, etc.
- Attend weekly staff meeting, Mondays from 5-6 pm (credit available)
- Assist with Center events; Volunteer Fair, Thank You Reception, and others
After School Sports
- Coordinate with area Youth and Families with Promise organization and Cedar middle School to identify potential youth participants
- Plan and oversee weekly physical activities for middle school aged youth, including securing location, recruiting volunteer help
- Provide occasional additional enrichment activities for youth to encourage academic success
SAIL (Student Alliance of Interfaith Leaders)
- Work to plan events connected to the SUU Food and Faith Initiative focused on bringing diverse peoples together to address issues of food scarcity
- Recruit other participants
- Coordinate with existing food and/or faith related organizations and events (i.e. the HOPE Pantry, International Food Fair, Multicultural Club, Cedar City Interfaith Alliance and other religious organizations)