SUU Community Engagement Center
417 W. 200 S.
Dr. Earl Mulderink Director
Pam Branin Associate Director
Veronica Cazares Administrative Assistant
Gabrielle Strand AmeriCorps Program Specialist
Pat Palmer AmeriCorps VISTA
Weekly CEC Events
These events happen every week. They are excellent opportunities to develop or learn skills; do something you love; gain experience related to your major; or perform hours needed for a class, scholarship, or to apply for graduate or professional programs. If you are interested in details or would like to sign up, please contact the program at the listed email.
- Paiute Center Tutoring--help with reading and elementary math (you're a college student--you know this stuff!), Monday through Thursday afternoons from 4-5 pm (except Wednesday, 3-4 pm), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wee Be Groovin'--no dance experience needed, come out and have fun doing an after-school program with elementary students, Monday afternoon 3:45-5 pm, email@example.com
- SUU Discover--story and activity time at public library, Tuesday evening at 6:30 pm, firstname.lastname@example.org
- After School Sports--sports activities with middle school students, Wednesday afternoon 2:45-4 pm on campus, email@example.com
- East Elementary Tutoring, flexible days/hours,firstname.lastname@example.org
- Animal Rescue, days/hours vary, email@example.com
- The HOPE Pantry, located in the Community Engagement Center, has LOTS of bakery items this week. Please come get some!
- SAIL (the Student Alliance of Interfaith Leaders), needs volunteers to help prepare the weekly interfaith dinner (the dinner is free to students of any/no religious background!). Volunteers are needed from 10 am-noon every Thursday morning (one hour shifts are great). Interested? Meet at the Community Engagement Center at 10 am. Email questions to Matt, firstname.lastname@example.org
- A new Hip Hop program at North Elementary is looking for SUU volunteers to teach hip hop dance to students on Wednesday afternoons, until Feb 27. The program director, Mindy Young, says, "It could be a really fun opportunity and I would be happy to write letters of recommendation for [students'] future portfolio's. Interested or want more information? Contact Mindy, email@example.com