General Education Committee
GEC is responsible for providing quality and oversight of all of the General Education courses offered at SUU, and it is expected to ensure compliance with state-mandated policies on General Education and alignment with SUU’s strategic and academic plans.
- Work with faculty, staff, and students to ensure SUU offers and maintains a comprehensive, assessable, and dynamic general education program that meets the agreed upon institutional learning outcomes and goals.
- Develop and coordinate the GEC’s operation in cooperation with the University Undergraduate Curriculum Committee (UUCC)
- Provide oversight of the General Education courses offered at SUU.
- Work with the Center of Excellence for Teaching and Learning (CETL) to help support faculty teaching effectiveness in general education courses.
*See SUU Policy 6.8.3 for details
- General Education Mission & Learning Outcomes
- General Education Resources & Assessment
- GE Course Renewal Form
|James Sage||Chair, Provost's office||Only if Tie|
|Madalyn Swanson||Academic Advising||No|
|*****||Faculty Senate Rep||No|
|Cynthia Kimball Davis||Graduate & Online School||No|
|Johnny MacLean & John Taylor||Academic Affairs||No|
|Leilani Nautu||School of Integrative & Engaged Learning||Yes|
|Josh Price||School of Business||Yes|
|Michael Ostrowsky & John Belk||College of Humanities & Social Sciences||Yes|
|John Meisner||College of Education & Human Development||Yes|
|Emma Schafer & Jon Karpel||College of Science & Engineering||Yes|
|Adam Lambert||College of Performing & Visual Arts||Yes|
Committee Meeting 2016-17
|Sept. 19, 2016||Agenda 9-19-16||Minutes 9-19-16 to be approved|