Southwest Utah Planning Authorities Council (SUPAC)
In 1994, then-Governor Michael O. Leavitt established the Southwest Utah Planning Authorities Council or "SUPAC". The Council's geographic area of interest is all of Garfield, Beaver, Iron, Kane and Washington counties in southwest Utah. The purpose of SUPAC is to:
- Minimize duplication of efforts, expenditures and proceedings with respect to the planning processes of the participants;
- Facilitate the establishment of shared goals and strategies for resource management and development;
- Promote awareness and understanding of the legal requirements and objectives which motivate the planning processes of the various participants;
- Enhance intergovernmental cooperation and public participation in addressing issues which relate to or affect the stewardships of more than one participant;
- Serve as a non-binding forum for the discussion and consensual resolution of issues, grievances, misunderstandings and disputes among the participants; and,
- Serve as a clearinghouse for the exchange of information relevant to the planning processes of the Participants.
The SUPAC Memorandum of Cooperation (2014 amended)
SUU's Office of Regional Services, along with the Five County Association of Governments, provides administrative support for SUPAC, and Wes Curtis, Executive Director for Regional Services, serves as SUPAC’s co-chair.
SUPAC generally meets on the second Tuesday of every other month, beginning with a January meeting. Meeting locations rotate across SUPAC's area of interest, and the location of each upcoming meeting is typically confirmed at the conclusion of each prior meeting. To inquire about the next meeting, to be included on the SUPAC e-mail list, or for any other information about SUPAC please contact Kathleen McDowell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 435-586-7738.
SUPAC members, for a secure on-line method of paying annual SUPAC dues by purchasing card please visit: https://secure.touchnet.net/C20196_ustores/web/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCTID=615&SINGLESTORE=true