Opening Social (Meeting #1) Committee
- President-Elect, Chair
- Social Affairs Committee
- Other staff members (volunteers) as selected by the chair
Organize a lunch time staff opening social to take place at the start of Fall Semester in current year of service (late August/early September). Coordinate all food with food services and solicit prizes from local businesses to be given at the opening social.
- At first Staff Association board meeting of new year, decide a date, time, place, and theme for function. Get appropriate budget information at that time for food, décor, etc.
- Have committee put together by August 1.
- Commit the committee to solicit prizes from local businesses to be awarded.
- Get annual financial report completed by August 1, review, and present at meeting for approval.
- Coordinate with previous President to obtain years of service awards – typically ordered in the prior fiscal year.
- The event counts as of two staff meetings required for the organization during the year as referred to in the by-laws. Any official business needed to be made to the body will be done at this time.