Salary & Institutional Governance Committee
- President, Chair
- Other staff members (volunteers). Three members appointed by the University President and two members appointed by Executive Board.
- HR Director will serve as a contact/resource to the committee
Act as Advocates for staff on general salary and benefit compensation issues. Create a respected and influential voice for staff within Southern Utah University. Educate the local community regarding the importance of higher education and staff’s integral role in higher education.
- March/April - Follow 2nd tier and growth funding priorities of SUU and other USHE institutions
- July/Aug - Comparative review of prior fiscal year’s salary allocations and track trends between employee classifications, USHE institutions, avg. Utah salary increases, and inflation
- September - Collaborate with UHESA, Presidents Council, Legislative Rep, and State Senator to lean of upcoming ideas/priorities for the upcoming legislative session
- Oct/Nov - Prepare annual priorities of the committee and educate/motivate campus to voice opinions for the legislative session
- January - Review relevant bills in session, subcommittee agendas and promote UHESA day at the Capital
- February - Participate in UHESA Day at the Capital (hand deliver letters from staff)
- Ongoing - Produce relevant adhoc information and positions that represent SUU Staff/Staff Association to assist administrative policy / decisions