Staff Association Scholarship Committee
- Past President, Chair
- One or two board members
- Other staff members as deemed necessary by chair
Oversee award of scholarship to at least one male and one female each year. Other scholarships may be awarded if funds are available. The scholarships awarded should be divided evenly between both recipients. Close correlation with accounting, advancement, and Financial Aid necessary to determine amounts available for award. Committee members are appointed for a two year term with two members rotating each year with a goal of gender balance among committee.
- Get scholarship form prepared and posted with correct names and dates by January 1.
- Scholarship forms are due at the end of March – date to be set by current chair.
- Coordinate with Advancement, Controller’s Office, and Financial Aid to determine money to be used for scholarships. Make announcement to board in March meeting for approval of funds (two accounts are used – a payroll deduction scholarship account and the Staff Association endowment).
- Establish committee by end of March.
- Review applications and make announcement of award during the month of April.