Staff Association Scholarship
SUU Staff Association Scholarships are awarded each year to deserving SUU students who are nominated by Staff Association members (non-faculty) of Southern Utah University. The scholarship is funded by donations from the non-faculty staff members and from earnings from the Staff Association Endowment.
- Sophomore, junior or senior status for the year of the scholarship award (2017-2018).
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Attend SUU fall semester 2017 and spring semester 2018 – scholarship will be equally dispersed over both semesters.
- Maintain a minimum academic load of 12 credit hours each semester during award.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Write a thank you letter to the Staff Association.
- Attend the Staff Association Opening Social – the first of fall semester 2017.
- Complete the application form.
- Provide an unofficial transcript from the Registrar's Office.
- Submit a one-page resume focusing on post-high school academics, awards, recognition, extra-curricular activities and employment.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from an individual acquainted with you during your SUU career.
- Submit a 1-2 page cover letter that addresses the following:
- Short introduction of yourself.
- Why you are deserving of a Staff Association Scholarship and what this scholarship would mean to you.
- One concept or principle you recently learned at SUU that made a lasting impression.
- One or two things that you are passionate about and why.
- Other information that will detail your qualifications.
- Deliver completed application form and supplemental documentation to:
Dialea Adams, Alumni House
by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 9, 2017.
Applications can also be emailed to email@example.com
- Scholarships will be awarded by the SUU Staff Association Scholarship Committee.
- Each scholarship awarded is approximately $1,000 for the academic year, but that amount (and number of scholarships awarded) varies each year based on available funding.
- Final candidates will be granted an interview with the SUU Staff Association Board.
- Preference may be given to students with lesser scholarship awards based on availability of funds and applicant needs.
- Awards will be managed by the SUU Financial Aid Office and may not be cashed out.
If a scholarship recipient leaves SUU for any reason during the year the SUU Staff Association Board may, at its sole discretion, award the remaining funds to another student.
Staff members may make contributions to the Staff Association scholarship as a one-time payroll deduction, an on-going payroll deduction or a cash/check donation.