Allies on Campus Mission
Allies On Campus is a committee comprised of students, staff, and faculty dedicated to creating safe spaces for Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender, Queer individuals and Allies (LGBTQA) on the campus of Southern Utah University (SUU).
Goals and Services
Southern Utah University Allies On Campus provides support to and administers programs that include:
- Establishment of an accessible and visible network of individuals on campus who support safe spaces, access to resources, and promotion of inclusivity
- Delivery of educational programs and facilitation of social and emotional support
- Provision of advocacy and referrals to academic, social, psychological, health and individually identified resources. These resources include but are not limited to: SUU Counseling and Psychological Services, SUU Pride and Equality Club, SUU Housing, Student Affairs, and the Academic and Career Development Center
- Support of programs such as the LGBTQ and Allies Community Group that is facilitated through SUU Counseling and Psychological Services
- Provision of information via program website and linked resource centers on campus
- Increasing awareness around homophobia, sexual orientation, and gender issues and working for equality
- Training programs that foster critical thought, integrity, and empathy
- Southern Utah University Allies On Campus strives to:
- Develop a sense of community for LGBTQ students, faculty, and staff and Allies on campus
- Advocate and work for non-discriminatory and diverse working, living, and academic environments at Southern Utah University
- Support initiatives seeking to develop the academic study of LGBTQ issues
- Celebrate the diversity that enriches our campus community
Southern Utah University Allies on Campus are honored to partner with the B.W. Bastian Foundation!
We would like to extend our sincere gratitude to the B.W. Bastian Foundation for awarding SUU LGBTQ Allies on Campus a principle of equality grant in support of programs, advocacy and capacity building.