This FREE clinic is hosted by SUU Volleyball and will be held Saturday, August 17, beginning at 10:30 a.m. in the J.L. Sorenson Physical Education Building. For more information call
435-865-8096 or email email@example.com
SUU Professional Society & Networking Luncheon
Friday, September 6
Noon to 1 p.m.
Zions Bank Headquarters, 1 S. Main Street, Salt Lake City, 1st Floor Wealth Management Room. School of Business Professor Greg Powell will speak about being a more effective and efficient leader.
Lunch will be served.
RSVP to Kristian Olsen
SUU Career &
Wednesday, September 18, 9:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. in the Sharwan Smith Center Ballroom. Sponsored by the SUU Career & Professional Development Office. Alumni welcome to attend.
Career Fair Information
Thor's Thunder Classic
Presented by Wells Fargo
Monday, September 30
We invite you to participate in SUU's premiere four-person scramble and enjoy a day of golf with friends from your alma mater at Entrada at Snow Canyon Country Club.
Sponsorship & Team Info
True to SUU
Save the date!
Alumni Career Expo
Wednesday, November 6
If you are interested in exploring new career opportunities, mark your calendar for November 6, and plan to attend an alumni-only career expo
in Salt Lake City.
Intermountain MBA Consortium
Wednesday, November 6
This state-wide networking event is designed to connect MBA alumni with representatives from partner corporations.
More details to come.
We've got a lot of great news to share with you this month, including the 2013 Homecoming schedule. Reach out to your SUU friends and make Homecoming part of your October activities. It will be a fun reunion and celebration.
The annual Carter Carillon Tradition, which officially welcomes new students to SUU, will be held Friday, August 23. If you are in the Cedar City area, we invite you to wear your SUU red and arrive at the carillon at 11:15 a.m.
Enjoy the day and best regards from SUU,
SUU Alumni Relations
Mindy, Ron, Linda & Ryan
Homecoming 2013 - Be True to SUU
We are excited to let you know that Homecoming 2013 will be held the week of October 7-12, and invite you to campus for the celebration.
Tuesday, October 8
- Poetry and Quilts, 4:00 p.m., Garden Level of the Sherratt Library.
- English Department No-Host Dinner at 5:15 p.m. at The Pastry Pub.
- Lecture by Dr. Jim Aton, Jim Jones: The San Blas Years at the Braithwaite Gallery.
Thursday, October 10
- Alumni Awards Banquet, 6:30 p.m. in the Gilbert Great Hall. Call us at 435-586-7777 or email for tickets.
- SUUSA Pep Rally, 8:00 p.m. at Eccles Coliseum.
Friday, October 11
- 50 Year Club Reunion, 5:00 p.m. at the Alumni House
- School of Business Alumni Reception, 5:00 p.m. at the Leavitt Business Building.
- SUUSA Executive Club Reunion, 6:00 p.m. at the Hunter Conference Center. All former executive council members are invited. Email Mindy Benson for details.
- Old Main Homecoming Extravaganza, 7:00 p.m. Upper Quad.
- True T-Bird, midnight at Old Sorrel.
Saturday, October 12
- Old Sorrel 5K, 7:30 a.m. at the Coal Creek Trail.
- SUUSA Reunions, 9:00 a.m. at the Alumni House for Jason White ('93-'94), Treion Muller ('98-'99) and Kaydee Shakespear ('03-'04). Email Mindy Benson for details.
- Pancake Breakfast, 9:30 a.m. at the Alumni House.
- Homecoming Parade, 11:00 a.m. on University Boulevard.
- Thunderbird Club Tailgate Party, Noon in the parking lot west of Eccles Coliseum. RSVP to Matt Roan. Donations welcome.
- Football Game vs. Portland State, 2:00 p.m. Tickets.
- SUU Alumni Band Concert, 7:30 p.m. at the Heritage Center. Free admission. Band alumni participating are invited to download music and RSVP with Dr. Adam Lambert, SUU Director of Bands.
SUU Helps Preserve Archaeological Site in Southern Utah
Arts Administration Grad Program to Offer Master's Degree Online
After one decade, SUU's arts administration graduate program has established itself as one of the nation's most outstanding platforms for an interdisciplinary education that develops well-rounded generalists employable in any of the arts disciplines as professional arts administrators. In line with a growing interest in the program and its ongoing success, Southern Utah University is pleased to announce its launch of an online Master of Arts (MA) program, commencing with the fall 2013 semester.
The program is one of just six online MA degrees in arts administration offered in the U.S. What's more, SUU's program is the only online program in the West.
Read more about SUU's new online Master of Arts Administration.
Business Students Prove Excellence
Students in Southern Utah University's Phi Beta Lambda organization are making their mark in the world of business, standing out among their peers with accolades from the nation's foremost business organization.
For their keen business acumen and steadfast commitment to service, students Ashley Hardy, Kelsey Haddox and David Tyler each received an Award for Excellence from the Future Business Leaders of America-Phi Beta Lambda (FBLA-PBL) at its National Leadership Conference this summer.
SUU's PBL chapter joined 1,800 other students from across the U.S. and around the world at the annual FBLA event in Anaheim, CA. There, they worked to sharpen their core business skills, expand their networks and were given a chance to participate in more than 55 business-related competitions.
Read more about SUU PBL, their Teddy Bear Den project, and the national leadership conference.
T-Bird Battles for Guard's Best Warrior
During a grueling three-day test of his physical and mental abilities, Sergeant Conlee Luke, a senior studying electrical engineering and a noncommissioned officer in the Army National Guard, took sixth place at the National Guard Best Warrior Competition in Little Rock, Ark.
Prior to the national competition, Luke took first at the Region VII Army National Best Warrior Competition and was named its Noncommissioned Officer of the Year.
Competing against other noncommissioned officers and soldiers from across the country, Luke placed first in three of the ten events at nationals -- nine-millimeter target shoot, stress shoot, M4 qualification and warrior task. At the regional competition, Luke placed first in four of the ten events-ruck march, written exam, weapon qualifications and obstacle course.
Read more about Luke and the Best Warrior Competition.
Let us know what you think of News from the Nest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.