(Links open in a new window/tab)
- Small Business Financing Options & Resources
- SUU’s Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
- Helps Southern Utah businesses wherever they are in their life cycle, gain a competitive advantage. Specializes in business planning and improvement services. Offers a large range of counseling, training, and resource access assistance.
- Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC)
- Gives Utah companies the resources necessary to secure government contracts.
- Cedar City Area Chamber of Commerce
- Provides a pro-business culture that helps create sustainable business environments/awareness/opportunities and creates mutually beneficial relationships among business owners. The Chamber supports business opportunities, provides resources, fosters partnerships with the members and promotes a positive image for the business community.
- Provides rich business resources for the creation, growth and recruitment of companies to Iron County and Cedar City while focusing on community strengths, resources and environment. The Office of Economic Development is committed to countywide economic development.
- Utah Science Technology And Research Initiative (USTAR)
- Works with innovators and entrepreneurs in Utah to maximize economic impact of new technologies. USTAR brokers relationships between researchers, investors, entrepreneurs, inventors, and industry experts while offering a wide range of consulting services.
- Institute of Technology & Renewable Energy as a part of USTAR, offers guidance and counsel via a network of state, local and academic resources that allows member companies to evolve from early stage ventures into successful technology businesses.
- "Counselors to America's Small Business" is a nonprofit association dedicated to educating entrepreneurs and the formation, growth and success of small business nationwide. SCORE is a resource partner with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA).
- Utah Governor’s Office of Economic Development (Utah GOED)
- Seeks to provide rich business resources for the creation, growth and recruitment of companies to Utah. Offers many resources in starting and growing a business.
- SUU – School of Business
- Provides information on programs offered to students seeking an education in business/entrepreneurship.
- SUU - Government Relations & Regional Services
- Provides premier educational opportunities both on campus and off; a partner and resource to businesses, communities and governments; a key driver and catalyst for regional economic growth; a source of artistic and cultural enrichment for the region’s residents and visitors; and to build regional pride and identity throughout outstanding sports and recreation programs.
- Southwest Applied Technology College (SWATC) /Custom Fit
- Provides education and job skill training through individualized competency based programs in response to the needs of students, employers and the community.
- Vocational Rehabilitation Services
- Assists and empowers eligible individuals with disabilities to achieve and maintain meaningful employment.
CEDAR CITY OFFICE
925 South Main
Cedar City, UT 84720-3726
Phone: (435) 586-9995
Toll-free: (800) 281-9945
FAX: (435) 865-9018
- Utah Department of Workforce Service
- Assists job seekers and employers in finding one another with the ultimate goal of strengthening Utah’s economy.
- Utah Small Business Development Center
- Resource for entrepreneurs for business guidance and education. Works together with regional SBDCs and other business mentoring groups to address a wide range of small business concerns.
- Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Independent agency of the federal government. Helps start, build and grow businesses.
- Utah.gov – Business
- Excellent resource in starting, relocating, running, or closing a business.