- Effectively prepare students for careers in agriculture, advanced education, and lifelong learning.
- Provide opportunities for students to connect with the agricultural community through interaction with industry organizations, government agencies, private enterprises, and other industry professionals.
- Upon graduation, students will express satisfaction with their educational experience.
- Provide and support quality faculty and staff with appropriate expertise.
- Prepare Human Nutrition majors for successful admission into graduate schools.
- Provide hands-on experiences with state-of-the-art scientific instruments and equipment.
- Establish a degree in dietetics accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND).
- Support faculty in the Human Nutrition program in maintaining currency in the field.