TECS Summer Camp
Monday, June 12th – Thursday, June 15th, 2017
351 West University Blvd.
Cedar City, UT 84720
Students, ages 14-18, in the southwestern region of the United States who are interested in technology, engineering or computer science are invited to come to Southern Utah University for the Technology, Engineering and Computer Science (TECS) Summer Camp. Students will experience “college life” by staying on campus and learning through hands-on experiences from professors and professionals in the field of their choice. It will be a great opportunity to get advanced experience in the field and make new friends. Register today to attend this camp!
The actual cost per student for participation in this camp is over $700, but because of generous support from other sources we are able to make it available to you for $175.00, which includes meals and housing.
Half-Tuition Scholarships are available. Contact Laurel Dodgion and the Office of Academic Enhancement at email@example.com or (435) 865-8090 for more information.
Registration closes May 12th, 2017
- Read the course descriptions below and determine which one track suites your interests best.
- Click on the “Registration” link below and complete the form, the last question will ask you which track you want to attend.
- Note: your student will not be registered nor will his/her track placement be reserved until payment is received.
Camp Faculty and Staff
Computer Science Department Chair, Associate Professor
Phone: (435) 865-8560
Fax: (435) 865-8444
Office: ELC 305
Engineering Technology Department Chair, Associate Professor
Phone: (435) 586-7984
Fax: (435) 865-8077
Office: TH 129A
Electronics Engineering Technology/Mathematics Lecturer
Phone: (435) 865-8253
Office: TH 132
CAD/CAM Engineering Technology Adjunct Faculty
Phone: (435) 586-7977
Associate Professor of Engineering
Phone: (435) 865-8343
Office: TH 013
Fax: (435) 865-8444
Office: ELC 416
CAD/CAM Engineering Track
- Learn to use Solidworks to create a custom design Mini Racer.
- 3D Print your custom design Mini Racer and compete in the Mini Racer Challenge.
- Animate and simulate your custom design
- Mini Racer on a digital race track.
- Discover Architectural Design with Revit and Sketchup.
Electronic Engineering Track
- Build and program your own robot.
- Learn principles of flight, rocketry, and aerodynamics.
- Apply this new knowledge to design, build and test aircraft of the future.
Web Development Track
- Learn client side technologies such as
- Create games and animations.
The Microsoft App Track is no longer available.