Admission requirements: Master of Education Applicants
All required admission documents must be completed and received in the Graduate Studies in Education Office by the admission deadline dates:
||Second Tuesday in April
||Second Tuesday in July
||Second Tuesday in November
Do not mail your documents to the Admissions Office.
Mail documents to:
Master of Education
351 W. University Blvd., ED 316
Cedar City, UT 84720
Information: (435) 865-8759
(including payment of the appropriate fee)
- Provide Official Transcripts from ALL institutions of higher education. The transcripts must provide: Proof of baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution. If the degree was received from SUU, a copy of the transcript is NOT required. Official transcripts must bear the institution's seal, Registrar's signature, and may not be faxed or copied. Official electronic transcripts are preferred when possible.
- GPA 3.00 or higher calculated on the last 60 semester/90 quarter hours of approved undergraduate/graduate coursework (not including pass/fail courses).
- All applicants must participate in a program orientation/admission screening. There is only one orientation available to attend for each admission semester.
- Two full years of paid teaching experience is required.
- A copy of the applicant's current, valid teaching license (Level 1 in Utah) or equivalent (a Level C conditional license is not acceptable, nor is a temporary license). Applicants from Utah may submit the credential and assignment page from CACTUS for verification. Valid teaching licenses from other states and/or countries may also be considered. Student teaching/practicum or internship experiences do not meet this criterion. This information may be submitted by fax to (435) 865- 8485.
- Two letters of recommendation from the current or immediate past school principal and administrator/supervisor. When completing an online application, an e-mail address for the reference is required. A recommendation form will be generated and emailed to those references. It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that SUU has received the information from your references.