Master of Science in Sports Conditioning & Performance
The Master of Science Sports Conditioning and Performance degree is an innovative approach to meet the needs of coaches, physical educators, personal trainers, strength and conditioning coaches, physical therapists, athletic trainers and other fitness professionals. This degree is consistent with SUU’s long tradition as the “Coaching Factory.” This degree offers extensive online course work in sports conditioning enabling professionals to design safe and effective exercise and conditioning programs. Three intensive summer courses will require students to attend clinical workshops on campus at SUU for 1-2 weeks.
Students applying for this degree program will be selected based on the applicant’s prior experience, academic success, letters of recommendation, personal motivation, and graduate admission examinations (Graduate Record Exam or Millers Analogies). Once admitted, candidates have six years to complete the degree.
- Admission Requirements
- Application Checklist
- Course Descriptions
- Teaching Timeline
- GRE® revised General Test
- Graduate Studies Home Page
- Graduate Program Information Request
- Program Sequence Options
Applications due on the following deadlines:
Fall Semester -- July 15;
Spring Semester --October 15;
Summer Semester -- February 15
Information for Summer Classes for 2017
- ON CAMPUS June 5 - 16, 2017: (no class Saturday or Sunday) Courses will continue with on-line assignments
- PE 6010 Advanced Techniques for Sport Conditioning 8:00 - 10:00 a.m. -- Camille Thomas
- PE 6050 Resistance Training Techniques 10:30 - 12:30 p.m. -- Julie Taylor
- PE 6060 Evaluation in Sport Fitness 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. -- David Phillips
- PE 6090 Motor Skill Acquisition -- On-line regular summer session -- Rick Lambson
- OFF CAMPUS HOUSING: (The following information is for housing with the Leavitt Group)
- The cost will be $250. This includes gas, power, internet, rent & deposit. If the unit is left clean & no damages $50.00 will be refundable. Most of the units are shared rooms. The units are completely furnished except for bedding, dishes & toiletries. Students can check out pictures on our website www.cedarcityhousing.com. You we be placed based upon which locations are vacant at that time. We will also need an application filled out, from our website. Please select the single student housing application. Students will need to mail, email or fax it back along with payment and a copy of their driver’s license. We are limited on spots this year, not as many of our current tenants are moving out, so if they are interested please have them email me as soon as possible. Please make sure and write somewhere on the top of the application that you are part of the short term Master’s Program. We have so many applications coming in that this will help us keep track better.
- To reserve summer housing, please contact Stephanie Smith -- email@example.com (435) 586-1558
- For additional program information, please contact Joan Anderson
Online Tuition Rate for Non-Resident Students
Tuition and fees for, graduate online non-resident degree-seeking students who live outside of Utah follow the resident tuition table. The resident rate is for graduate online-only non-resident degree-seeking students who live outside of Utah. Select the category for MSSCP.