Master of Cyber Security & Information Assurance
Security For the Modern Age
With demand at an all-time high, Southern Utah University's Master of Cyber Security and Information Assurance meets the needs of the global industry. This program focuses on the design and management of systems tasked with defending networks from external threats, such as terrorism. Students will gain experience in counter intelligence, defense, homeland security, and law enforcement, thereby producing graduates with a multifaceted skill-set.
As private corporations and public institutions continue their advance towards increased technological sophistication, criminals follow suit. This emergent criminality has been dubbed 'Cybercrime' and is a global threat. Using the internet, criminals now have the ability to steal identities, commit industrial espionage, and execute fraud at the push of a button. The work of these individuals cost the global economy an average of $575 billion annually. The U.S. Department of Homeland Security lists Cybercrime as an increasing problem.
Given this information, it's not surprising that the following is true:
- 42% of organizations are searching for Cyber Security professionals
- In 2016, there will be over one million global Cyber Security job openings
- Top I.T. security professionals make over $200,000 per year
- Mid-career salary is about six-figures
- Cyber Security has the largest job growth in the tech industry