Graduation FestivitiesThursday, May 2
8:00 - 6:00 p.m. - Grad Fair - SUU Alumni House
- All faculty and staff are invited to swing by for a visit with the Class of 2013.
- Faculty and staff are needed to assist students during the Grad Fair. To volunteer, contact Ron Cardon (ext. 7776 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
8:00 - 11:00 a.m. - Grad Fair - SUU Alumni House
11:00 a.m. - University Commencement Processional Lineup
- Line up at the northeast corner of Old Main
- You must be dressed in formal academic regalia to participate in the processional
- Faculty and staff marching in the formal processional sit as a group during the ceremony
- Tickets are not required for admission
- Please join our graduates and their guests in celebrating the accomplishments of the Class of 2013 at an informal gathering following the main Commencement Ceremony. In addition to live entertainment and refreshments, enjoy one last opportunity to visit with the students you have mentored before they leave SUU.
Join your college in the awarding of individual degrees at your respective convocation ceremony.
- Friday, May 3, 2013
- 3:00 p.m. College of Education, Centrum Arena
- 3:00 p.m. College of PVA, Randall L. Jones Theatre
- Saturday, May 4, 2013
- 9:00 a.m. College of Science & Engineering, Centrum Arena
- 11:00 a.m. School of Business, Centrum Arena
- 1:00 p.m. College of HSS, Centrum Arena
Faculty members who will be sitting on stage or participating in college processional must be dressed in formal regalia.
Please contact your college's commencement representative (below) for additional information about your convocation responsibilities.
College Commencement Representatives
School of Business: Suzette Beach
College of Education: Shelley Dahlin
College of Humanities & Social Sciences: Kristine Frost
College of Performing & Visual Arts: Clarisse Lunt
College of Science & Engineering: Barbara Rodriguez
Faculty Commencement Checklist
- Attend the Pre-Grad Fair on [TBA], 2013 to order new academic regalia or request modifications to your existing regalia
- Check with your college commencement representative for graduation-related assignments.
- Please keep your senior students apprised of the following deadlines:
- October 15, 2012 - graduation paperwork due to Registrar
- February 15, 2013 - cap and gown orders and fees due to Cashier
- March 20, 2013 - student commencement speaker submissions due to Jennifer Burt
- TBA - Open auditions for students interested in singing the National Anthem at commencement.