The Honors Program provides enrichment opportunities for exceptionally talented, creative and academically committed students in a friendly, informal and interdisciplinary undergraduate experience. The program connects students with SUU's best faculty through small classes and participation in out-of-class activities. Students learn in a collaborative environment where their ideas and research carry respect. As a community of scholars, students and faculty work enthusiastically to achieve the following objectives:
- To understand complex issues from diverse perspectives.
- To process similarities and differences of how scholars in science, fine arts, humanities or social science see their world.
- To develop skills in self-expression, critical thinking, information gathering and problem solving.
- To write analytical or scientific papers of substantial length and depth.
- To volunteer for service projects both on campus and in the community.
- To provide a competitive advantage for students desiring to pursue graduate education.
Additionally, honors students participate in colloquia roundtable discussions, social events, and activities with faculty and other honors students.