Sponsored by the English Department and the Braithwaite Writing Center, the Scriblerian is a publication for students by students. Revived during Fall Semester 2004 after a two-year hiatus, this on-line journal is the result of an essay competition organized by Writing Center tutors for ENGL 1010 and 2010 students. The Fall 2006 contest was planned and supervised by Chair Whitnee Sorenson with the help of Andria Amodt, Gregory Burbank, Amber Fullwood, and Chelsea Oaks.
- 1st Place: Ideas, Ideals and Isolation by Anthony Carter
- 2nd Place: Research Paper: Ebonics by Crystal K. Call
- 1st Place: My Sunshine by Carrie Colton
- 2nd Place: Vacancy by Kate Ashcroft (Electronic Manuscript Unavailable)
- 1st Place: A Nice Afternoon for a Friendly Visit by Kim DeRyke
- 2nd Place: How Will Teasdale Cope? by Benjamin Hamilton