A publication sponsored by the English Department and the Braithwaite Writing Center, the Scriblerian is a publication for students by students. Revived during Fall Semester 2004 after a two-year hiatus, this on-line journal is the result of a competition organized by Writing Center tutors for ENGL 1010 and 2010 students. The Spring 2006 contest was planned and supervised by Chair Kodi Quarnberg with the help of Sarah LaRue, William Gordon, Josh Olenslager, Andy Bahlmann, and Kellie Jensen.
- 1st Place: 525,600 Minutes - Measuring a Year by Brandon Dixon
- 2nd Place: A Father's Love by Tiffany Dennett
- 1st Place: Pursuing Inclusive Classrooms by Justin Nelson
- 2nd Place: Is southern Utah prepared for higher gas prices? by Brett Shumway
- 1st Place: An Ode to Running from Hopeless Repetition by Victor Fadool
- 2nd Place: Hindsight by Nichole Barney