Sponsored by the English Department and the Braithwaite Writing Center, the Scriblerian is a publication for students by students. Revived during Fall Semester 2004 after a two-year hiatus, this on-line journal is the result of an essay competition organized by Writing Center tutors for ENGL 1010 and 2010 students. The Spring 2007 contest was planned and supervised by Chair Kellie Jensen with the help of Andria Amodt, Trent Gurney, Chelsea Oaks, and Whitnee Sorenson.
- 1st Place: Women: Do You Know What's Holding You Back? by Katie Heckenbach
- 2nd Place: Gravitational Insubordination by Tyler Page
- 1st Place: Friday Morning Baleadas by Jade Askeroth
- 2nd Place: Turning Pages by Adrienne Gastrich
- Voice: An Nasiriyah by Eric Stein
- 1st Place: Imagery of Resistance by Erin Evans
- 2nd Place: Society: Take it or Leave it by Elisabeth Day