Sponsored by the English Department and the Braithwaite Writing Center, the Scriblerian is a publication for students by students. Revived during Fall Semester 2004 after a two-year hiatus, this on-line journal is the result of an essay competition organized by Writing Center tutors for ENGL 1010 and 2010 students. The Spring 2009 contest was planned and supervised by Chair Kellie Jensen with the help of Andria Amodt, Trent Gurney, Chelsea Oaks, and Whitnee Sorenson.
- 1st Place: Heroin Chic by Brittney L. Park (essay withheld by request)
- 2nd Place: My Piano by Kristy Stoll
- 1st Place: A Change in Seasons by Alex Scroggins
- 2nd Place: Science Fair by Erin Teuschner
- Tied for 2nd Place: Culinary Chemist by Tessa Garrard