Sponsored by the English Department and the Braithwaite Writing Center, the Scriblerian is a publication for students by students. Revived during Fall Semester 2004 after a two-year hiatus, this on-line journal is the result of an essay competition organized by Writing Center tutors for ENGL 1010 and 2010 students. The Spring 2010 Contest was planned and supervised by Chair Samantha Gay with the help of Annalee Banks, Lauren Coleman, Adell DeGraffenried, Landon Mitchell, and Amanda Utzman.
- 1st Place: College for All: Is it Really for Everyone? by Celeste Miller
- 2nd Place: The Nature of Government: Healthier Perceptions by Ben Wilde
- 1st Place: Learning to Speak and Become Chapin by Mitchel Solomon
- 2nd Place: Casualty of Innocence by Eric Smith
- 1st Place: Mr. Fix-it's Guide to Childbirth by Christopher Ritchie
- 2nd Place: You Can't Do That by Robert Durborrow