Program Goals for the Master of Public Administration
The Master of Public Administration degree program builds upon Southern Utah University's individualized, experiential learning through our mission and goals.
Our Mission is to:
- Prepare pre-service and in-service students to meet the challenges of public and nonprofit service.
- Develop student knowledge and competencies through scholarly activity, experiential learning, and applied research.
- Offer coursework that presents a framework of understanding based on academic literature and skill development through activities, projects, and assignments.
- Promote public service values, a culture of democratic administration, leadership and managements skills, and ethical decision-making in all aspects of public and nonprofit sector organizations.
- Provide on-campus and online students with comparable academic experiences that develop knowledge and skills for public service.
Our Core Values are:
- Lead through change
- Engage the community
- Base decisions on data, reliable information and analysis
- Protect public resources and ensure they are used in the most efficient and effective manner
- Model ethical behaviors
- Partner with students for lifelong learning
- Educate and train students to be innovative leaders in public and nonprofit organizations.
- Enhance the field of public administration regionally, nationally, and internationally through the academic and service contributions of our faculty and students.
- Create a learning environment where our students develop public service values and thoughtful and ethical decision-making skills.
- Assess student learning and use assessment research to continuously enhance the program offerings.
- Embrace and partner with a diverse student body, faculty, workforce, and public to enhance public policy and administration.
Department/Program Learning Outcomes
The program competencies are:
- To lead, manage and apply effective public governance.
- To participate and contribute to the public, fiscal and economic policy process.
- Solve problems using analytics, critical thinking, ethical thinking and conceptualize and apply best practices.
- To articulate and apply public service perspectives, norms and legal standards.
- To communicate orally and in writing, in a way that is productive and effective in a diverse and changing workforce and citizenry.