Art - Photography
The Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) in Studio Arts with a photography emphasis is a professional degree that focuses on intensive work in two-dimensional media and photographic technologies supported by a program of general studies. This degree enables students to develop a consistent personal direction and style that is informed by the understanding of various media, design principles and art history. It is the preferred degree for artists.
POINTS of DISTINCTION
- Only accredited BFA Art Education and BFA photography emphasis program within the Utah System of Higher Education (USHE).
- Active participation and attendance in the Society for Photographic events.
- BFA provides a full 81 credits in art and design.
- The photography program is an active participant and attendant of the Society for Photographic Education events.
- Only Art and Design Department within the USHE that is a member of the National Association of Schools of Art and Design.
Portrait Photographer, Landscape Photographer, Editorial Photographer, Fashion Photographer, Commercial Photographer, Photojournalist, Photo Editor, Freelance Photographer, Newspaper Photographer, Director of Photography, Advertising Photographer, Documentary Photographer, Photo Re-toucher, Post-production Photo Specialist, Photography Teacher.
Six photography lighting studios equipped with strobe and continuous lighting equipment, a film developing darkroom, a photography digital lab equipped with Apple computers loaded with Adobe’s Creative Suite, large format Epson print engines, high-end Epson film scanners, monitor calibration equipment, ten large format view cameras, tripods, and a high-end Hasselblad digital camera system.
- Photography Club
- Plein Air Artist’s Group
- Bookbinders Guild