Criminal Justice - Forensic Science Bachelor's Degree Program
Why Choose SUU for Criminal Justice Studies?
- SUU Criminal Justice students have many opportunities for internships with local, state, and federal police, the courts, probation departments, and corrections.
- The Criminal Justice program created and maintains a sex offender registration database for the State of Utah that they make available to state law enforcement and probation officers.
- The Criminal Justice capstone experience consists of researching three situations – one relating to courts, one to policing, and one to corrections – writing a recommendation for a possible action for each, and making three separate presentations of your recommendations to your professors.
- SUU’s Criminal Justice professors are seasoned professionals with real world experience in the courts, forensic science, corrections, and/or law enforcement.
- The SUU Criminal Justice program has access to the Utah State Crime Lab and the certified criminologists in that lab.
Criminal Justice - Forensic Science Courses You May Take
Introduction to Forensic Science – Learn the art of scientific evidence collection, identification, and preservation.
Victimology – Gain an understanding of the dilemmas victims face and the role the victim plays in the criminal justice process.
Drugs and Crime – Explore the role legal and illegal drugs play in crime and their impact on the criminal justice process.
Find Out More
Contact the Political Science & Criminal Justice Department for more information.