Engineering Technology: CAD/CAM Technology (AAS)
Southern Utah University offers an associate of applied science degree in design technology, providing experience in mechanical design, layout and design, 3D solid modeling, parametrics, kinematics’ analysis, finite element analysis, animation analysis, rendering, rapid prototyping and more. Depending on individual career objectives, graduates may then continue on within SUU’s four-year CAD/CAM program.
POINTS of DISTINCTION
- Industry-driven curriculum
- Students work on real-world problems
- State-of-the-art facilities
- Hands-on learning
- Small class sizes
- Personalized attention from faculty
Mechanical designer, design engineer, CAD designer, CAD/CAM designer, product designer/engineer, manufacture engineer, tool designer
Our students have access to two state-of-the-art labs, equipped with Auto CAD, Inventor, Solid Works, CATIA, V5 and Revit software.
Additionally, the Technology Department has a rapid proto typing machine (3D printer) and state-of-the-art CAM lab with several CNC lathes and vertical mills. A new addition is a metal fabrication lab for the construction of student design projects.
SkillsUSA Vocational Industrial Club of America
- Department Name: Engineering Technology & Construction Management (ETCM)
- Department Contact: Scott Hansen or Richard Cozzens
- Website: http://suu.edu/cose/etcm/
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Department Phone: 435.586.7977
- Department Fax: 435.865.8077