Engineering Technology: CAD/CAM Emphasis
Southern Utah University is one of only a handful of institutions that offer a bachelor’s degree in engineering technology with an emphasis in CAD/CAM. In our program, students gain experience in mechanical design, architectural design, civil design, layout and design, 3D solid modeling, parametrics, kinematics’ analysis, finite element analysis, animation analysis, rendering, rapid prototyping and more. Graduates who possess these skills are in high demand.
POINTS of DISTINCTION
- Industry-driven curriculum with hands-on learning
- Students work on real-world problems
- Small classes and personal attention from professors and advisors
Mechanical designer, design engineer, CAD designer, CAD/CAM designer, product designer/engineer, manufacture engineer, tool designer
Our students have access to two state-of-the-art labs, equipped with Auto CAD, Inventor, Solid Works, CATIA, V5, Revit software, and more.
Additionally, the Technology Department has a rapid proto typing machine (3D printer) and state-of-the-art CAM lab with several CNC lathes and vertical mills. A new addition is a metal fabrication lab for the construction of student design projects.
SkillsUSA Vocational Industrial Club of America
- Department Name: Engineering Technology & Construction Management (ETCM)
- Department Contact: Scott Hansen or Richard Cozzens
- Website: http://suu.edu/cose/etcm/
- Email Address: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department Phone: 435.586.7977
- Department Fax: 435.865.8077