The finance program provides students with high quality educational opportunities and excellent preparation for professional careers or graduate school. Highly effective teaching—focused on student learning—is the hallmark of the program. The faculty also strives to make meaningful intellectual contributions, by conducting and disseminating the results of research and related scholarly activities, and to provide service to the university, the finance profession and society.
POINTS of DISTINCTION
- AACSB accreditation
- Students participate in the management of a $150,000 investment portfolio
- Strong job-placement in a wide variety of industries
- Students routinely score above the 90th percentile on a national, standardized exam in finance
- Many graduates admitted to top professional and graduate programs
- Small department leads to personalized attention and learning opportunities
- All faculty members are well-qualified and active in their fields
Finance is a fundamental business discipline and graduates go into positions in all industries and levels of business. Strong financial management is critical for entrepreneurs, small businesses and large corporations. Common employment fields include banking and financial services, insurance and risk management, personal financial planning, investment management and consulting. Finance majors often become managers or analysts, and some end up in key corporate positions such as Treasurer, Controller or Chief Financial Officer.
Investments Service and Learning Lab, Small Business Development Center, Yearly Business Idea and Plan Competition