Computer & Information Systems Security Emphasis (AAS)
The computer and information systems security emphasis associate degree is recommended for students with an interest in information systems security. The program provides a solid foundation in network administration and internships that help students apply their studies in real-world settings. Interested students may continue their studies beyond an AAS, as this degree integrates with SUU’s four-year bachelor of science in information systems.
POINTS of DISTINCTION
- Hands-on experience with industry through internship, service learning and community service
- State-of-the-art general and specialized labs and computerized classrooms
- Opportunities to get involved in professional clubs
- Education that is aligned with industry standards
- Highly qualified and friendly professors
- Personalized classroom attention
Network security professional (Ethical Hacker), security analyst, infrastructure administrator, security consultant, technical support analyst, PC hardware technician, computer consultant and computer programmer
State-of-the-art computer labs, including a networking lab where students can install and configure network servers, clients and other hardware. Students also have access to specialized labs with computer forensics software and computer security software/tools.
The Computer Club is involved on campus in many club/university events. Members also hold game nights throughout each semester.