Recommended for students who seek careers in information systems or who wish to pursue graduate education, this program provides hands-on experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting various computer information systems, with a solid foundation in networking and security. As an ABET-accredited program, students will receive an education that meets the highest engineering and technology professional standards. As a composite degree, information systems majors do not need to complete an academic minor with this course of study.
POINTS of DISTINCTION
- Hands-on experience with industry through internships, service learning and community service
- Education that is aligned with industry trends and standards
- Opportunities for involvement in professional clubs
- State-of-the-art labs and computerized classrooms
- Small classes and personal attention from faculty and advisors
Computer and information systems managers; inventory control specialist; staff consultant; business applications developer; lead systems analyst; systems analyst; chief information officer; programming analyst; database manager; security administrator; information system designer; web site designer; etc.
The CSIS department has state-of-the-art Linux, networking and forensics computer labs to provide students the hands-on training necessary to excel in the job market.
Senior Capstone Project